Places to visit in Vrindavan, the playground of Lord Shree Krishna

saurabh

Saurabh is a 30 something guy from Kolkata and presently staying in New Delhi, India with his beautiful family. He is a post graduate in English and is working as a freelance web developer. His passion for traveling and connecting people has made him lots of friends from around the globe. He also loves eating unusual recipes.

You may also like...

12 Responses

1. Nicki says:

I am embarrassed that I had never even heard of this place before coming across your blog. Now that I have read and seen all these beautiful temples, I feel like I have to book a ticket and go! I may be in the area around March – so I might make a side trip.

2. Harsh Gupta says:

That’s one comprehensive list of temples to see and other places to add to Vrindavan’s list. I have been to so many of them but never got a chance to cover them so well. Thanks 🙂

3. neha says:

I remember going to Vrindavan as a kid with my parents on a trip. But it was a typical organized trip and we hardly spent a day there. We visited most of the temples though, in a rush. And didn’t have time to visit ISCON. I would love to plan another trip. Thanks for the post..it brought back some memories.

4. chanelle says:

Beautiful temples 🙂 I don’t have extensive knowledge about Hindu Mythology, but it has been an interest of mine this past year, and the more blog posts I read about India the stronger my draw is to the country. Is engraving your name on the temple a common and accepted thing? Personally I couldn’t imagine paying to do that on such beautiful and spiritual structure.

• saurabh says:

As it is one of the important religious destination in India, there are many temples which were recently built. Some of the priests of these temples indulge themselves in scams. While things like engraving names on temple wall, is not allowed in major temples, but few newly built one, allow it for raise fund.

5. Hendrik says:

More than 5000 temples, now this is definitely something to call a religious place. What really fascinates me here is the diversity of all those temple buildings. So many unique places in quite a local area…
    Interesting also your helpful tips. Actually I would be really angry if a trained monkey tries to steal my camera, this is just bad.
    But anyway, Vrindavan is on my list for an India trip, thats for sure, so thanks a lot for this inspirational post!
    Hendrik recently posted…Canary Islands Blog (1) – Las Palmas de Gran CanariaMy Profile

6. Patryk says:

What a beautiful place! The temples look amazing. I’ve never been to India but I’d love to visit your country one day.

7. Kemkem says:

I’ve never heard of any of these temples before. What a pity too as l would have liked to have visit some of these. We hired a driver from Dehli to Agra and it was a bumpy but enjoyable ride. I remember seeing the very impressive Hanuman though 🙂 . . Great post!

• saurabh says:

Hi Kemkem, Delhi to Agra is now accessible through Yamuna Express highway, which is not at all bumpy. Hope you will visit it again and enjoy the ride.